Jony Ive creates solid gold EarPods for charity auction
At an upcoming Sotheby's auction, folks will be able to bid on a pair of solid gold 18k EarPods designed by Apple design guru Jony Ive and industrial designer Marc Newson.
In addition to golden EarPods, there will be a number of other items up for auction, all curated by Ive and Newson.
"It's been a fantastic honor to curate this collection of objects with Marc for the auction at Sotheby's," Ive explained. "Each piece represents the value of thoughtful design. What we create for each other is not only a comment on our culture, but of course in many ways defines it. (RED) is making a difference in the lives of millions of people and we're humbled to make this contribution to such an important and worthy cause."
Other items on the auction block include a unique Leica digital rangefinder camera, a grand piano from Steinway & Sons, artwork contributed by Banksy, a Russian cosmonaut suit, an Ive-customized 2012 Range Rover and a whole lot more.
The auction, organized by U2's Bono for the benefit of his Project (RED) charity, will take place on November 23 in New York.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter