Carl Icahn reportedly pushed Tim Cook for $150B Apple share buyback
The planned dinner between investor Carl Icahn and Apple CEO Tim Cook took place as scheduled last evening, and Icahn is reporting through Twitter that the dinner was "cordial" and that he pushed for Apple to bump its share buyback program up to US$150 billion.
Icahn believes that Apple's share price is "extremely undervalued" and that the company should spend more of its cash to bolster it by purchasing more shares at the current price. The continued discussions between Icahn and Apple will most likely come after the next quarterly earnings call, which should happen sometime in the third week of October.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)