Apple updates MacBook Air models with processor bump, $100 price drop
Apple today refreshed its MacBook Air line, adding slightly faster processors and improved battery life to the portable computers. Apple also dropped the price on each model by US$100, with the base 11-inch MacBook Air starting at $899.
All base models of the MacBook Air now ship with a 1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor instead of the 1.3GHz of the 2013 model. These standard models still include 4GB of RAM, Intel HD Graphics 5000 and either 128GB oo 256GB of flash-based storage.
Pricing on the 11-inch MacBook Air starts at $899, while the 13-inch entry-level model costs $999. All updated models are available today online and in retail stores.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows