MacBook Pro heat problem heats up
Some people on Something Awful forums posted a solution for overly hot MacBook Pros. It would seem that an overzealous dabbing of thermal conductive paste (pictured above, to see more pics check out this site) was leading to inefficient heat handling. The solution? Dismantle your MacBook Pro, wipe off the goo and replace it with smaller amounts.
A picture from one of Apple's technical guides was posted to the forums, and suddenly Apple's legal team leapt into action. A cease and desist letter was sent to Something Awful, which doesn't surprise me too much. The end result? You might have to handle your own goo without guidance.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter