MacBook Pro heat problem heats up
Some people on Something Awful forums posted a solution for overly hot MacBook Pros. It would seem that an overzealous dabbing of thermal conductive paste (pictured above, to see more pics check out this site) was leading to inefficient heat handling. The solution? Dismantle your MacBook Pro, wipe off the goo and replace it with smaller amounts.
A picture from one of Apple's technical guides was posted to the forums, and suddenly Apple's legal team leapt into action. A cease and desist letter was sent to Something Awful, which doesn't surprise me too much. The end result? You might have to handle your own goo without guidance.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client