Has the 12" PowerBook simply disappeared?
It appears as though Apple has completed their portable lineup's transition to Intel chips - and the 12" PowerBook was the clear odd-man-out (sure, the 14" iBook disappeared too, but everyone knew it had to). I noticed last night that apple.com/powerbook simply redirects to apple.com/macbook, with a page title of "Meet the family. Now complete."
If this is true, and Apple (for now) doesn't have any other tricks up their sleeve in the portable department (the much-rumored tablet, perhaps?), I think we should all observe a moment of silence for our fallen comrade - the 12" PowerBook (my first.Mac.evar).
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs