MacBook vs. Dell in a heat match
We all know that MacBooks run a little hot, but do they run unusually hot? Well, Krische onLine wanted to find out so they did a fairly unscientific test. Take one MacBook and one Dell Latitude D620 and have them play a DVD. While they are playing measure the temperature and see what the data says. Both machines sport the same processor (how odd is it that the latest and greatest from Dell and Apple both have the same chip in them?) and they were both in the same environment for the test.
The result? At first glace the MacBook seemed to run much hotter than the Dell, but on average they kicked out about the same amount of heat.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype