Apple releases MacBook Pro with Intel Core 2 Duo
The Apple Store (US) is still down as I type this, but the apple.com splash page shows the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo, as many of us suspected was coming when the store went down this morning.
Apple says the new Core 2 Duo MacBook is up to 39% faster than it predecessor. That's pretty freakin' fast. Prices start at $1999 for the 15-inch 2.16GHz with 1GB of RAM and top out at $2799 for the 17-inch 2.33Ghz. The 15-inch 2.33GHz is $2499 and both 2.33GHz model ship with a whopping 2GB of RAM! That's double the RAM across the board. It's about time!
Thanks, as always, to all of you who sent this in!
UPDATE: I just noticed that Firewire 800 is back as the standard on the 15-inch models, as well as the 17-inch. Yay :)
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station