Apple releases MacBook Pro with Intel Core 2 Duo
The Apple Store (US) is still down as I type this, but the apple.com splash page shows the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo, as many of us suspected was coming when the store went down this morning.
Apple says the new Core 2 Duo MacBook is up to 39% faster than it predecessor. That's pretty freakin' fast. Prices start at $1999 for the 15-inch 2.16GHz with 1GB of RAM and top out at $2799 for the 17-inch 2.33Ghz. The 15-inch 2.33GHz is $2499 and both 2.33GHz model ship with a whopping 2GB of RAM! That's double the RAM across the board. It's about time!
Thanks, as always, to all of you who sent this in!
UPDATE: I just noticed that Firewire 800 is back as the standard on the 15-inch models, as well as the 17-inch. Yay :)
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app