Apple releases MacBook Pro with Intel Core 2 Duo
The Apple Store (US) is still down as I type this, but the apple.com splash page shows the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo, as many of us suspected was coming when the store went down this morning.
Apple says the new Core 2 Duo MacBook is up to 39% faster than it predecessor. That's pretty freakin' fast. Prices start at $1999 for the 15-inch 2.16GHz with 1GB of RAM and top out at $2799 for the 17-inch 2.33Ghz. The 15-inch 2.33GHz is $2499 and both 2.33GHz model ship with a whopping 2GB of RAM! That's double the RAM across the board. It's about time!
Thanks, as always, to all of you who sent this in!
UPDATE: I just noticed that Firewire 800 is back as the standard on the 15-inch models, as well as the 17-inch. Yay :)
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update