MacBook SMC Firmware Update 1.1
MacBook owners: dust off Software Update and download yourself Apple's latest take on the MacBook SMC Firmware (1.1). This update, 'improves the MacBook's internal monitoring system and addresses issues with unexpected shutdowns. This update is recommended for all MacBook systems, including those that received warranty repair. The updater application will be installed in the /Applications/Utilities folder. Please follow the instructions in the updater application to complete the process.'
Very interesting that Apple addresses the Random Shutdown Syndrome in the text of the update. Check out the full instructions, and note that you must be running at least OS X 10.4.7 to install this update.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter