Apple's Insomnia Film Festival
Apple has just announced their first ever Insomnia Film Festival, open to all student filmmakers over 18 years of age. The concept is simple, you have one day to script, film, and edit a 3 minute (or less) short film that incorporated three elements that Apple will post on November 10th at 5pm. You will then have 24 hours to complete your film and submit it, though the films must be made on Mac and submitted in Quicktime.
Only the first 500 teams to register can participate, though each team can have up to 5 members. Full contest guidelines canbe found here, and Apple has also posted the judging criteria which will be used by judges like Matthew Modine, Jon Shenk, and Rebecca Stockley.
Each member of the winning team gets Final Cut Studio, a copy of Shake, and an 80GB video iPod for their portable portfolio.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client