30 years ago was just the beginning
It's been a long trip indeed from the Apple-1, which was priced at an easy-to-remember $666.66. Compare and contrast today's widescreen displays with the support (not monitor, just support) for 24 line x 40 character per line video output. The motherboard shipped with 4 Kbytes of RAM, and you could put up to 8 KB of RAM on that baby, not to mention its support for FAST 1 Kilobaud cassette tape storage (really, just about everything was an optional extra). And Apple Basic was FREE! Oh, and did I mention that you had to build the kit yourself? More than "some assembly" required.
It's hard to believe that my iPod and Mac Mini come from the same company as the Apple-1, separated by only thirty years.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)