Mac ASCII Invaders
If you're in the mood to shoot down some aliens, Mac ASCII Invaders plays exactly the way you expect it to: left and right arrows to move your weapon, the space bar to fire. This is Chuck Houpt's Macintosh port of Thomas Munro's ASCII version of Space Invaders.
It's a "termlet"; you install the software into your Applications folder and double-click to run. It then launches Terminal for you and loads up all the backgrounds, font colors and the software you need to run the game. You'll see the Mac ASCII Invaders icon close from your dock and be replaced with the Terminal icon.
Mac ASCII Invaders is SmileWare. Houpt writes: "If it makes you smile, please pass the smile along."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app