Goodness, gracious, great balls of (PowerBook) fire!
If it bleeds, it leads. If it goes boom, there's room. Fire inspires and there's no shame in flame.
What's the opposite of flamebait? It's when your PowerBook really does catch fire and nearly kills you--and you write a love letter like Jimm Lasser did. After his PowerBook burst into flames, he didn't lash out at Apple. He grew to love them even more. He writes, "a Mac almost killed me, and I came out of the whole experience feeling more strongly about Apple as a company." TUAW rejoices that Lasser survived and has been able to move on from the whole experience, but reiterates that this kind of bonding, consumer-trust-enhancing experience is not typical.
Real Fake Steve
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration