24 Hours of Leopard: Hot Spots
How it works: Man, this is one big feature I've been looking forward to--and I have yet to hear any final confirmation apart from the 300 New Features page that it made the final cut. This new Universal Access ability allows you to monitor a spot on your screen and automate what happens when that spot changes. You can monitor up to 10 different spots--no that's not a joke about leopards--and get alerts when anything happens there.
Who will use it: Anyone into automation, who's waiting for a file to finish downloading, for a batch job to finish, or for a friend to come online. All of these state changes can be grabbed via the visual screen feedback they produce.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options