MacBook Pro updates too, 2.6 GHz processor bump
In my excitement over the new MacBook, I totally missed the latest MacBook Pro update. Again, this is a pretty minor change. The processor choices now include a 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo, in addition to the previously available 2.2 and 2.4 chips. The cost of a 2.6 chip is $250 more than either the 15" or 17" configured with the 2.4 GHz processor and Apple estimates shipping at 2 - 3 weeks. Additionally, as Jon H. pointed out in the comments, all of the hard drive upgrade options are now 5400 RPM or better. I'm not sure when these models will be arriving in the Apple store (they aren't open right now), but if you find out before we do, let us know.
Update: I just got off the phone with my local Apple store -- they already have the new MacBooks (which have Leopard pre-installed) and the 2.6 MBP is a configure to order option only, meaning even if you buy it "in" a store - it is still going to be shipped to you.
Thanks again to everyone who sent this in!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features