ModBook almost ready to ship?
Our friends at jkOnTheRun recently got word from Axiotron that the long fabled ModBook, which you might recall from Macworld 2007 (here is a video we shot of the ModBook, and a gallery), is going to ship on or around January 8th, 2008 a year since it was announced. Since the ModBook has been delayed so much, its specs have changed. It is now running Leopard, the GPS option is standard (formerly $99), and the specs reflect the latest MacBook hardware rev (since the ModBook is basically a MacBook converted into a tablet with a pressure sensitive touch screen).
All of this starting at $2279.00. Here's hoping that Apple doesn't rev the MacBook at Macworld this year, for Axiotron's sake.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter