Macbook Air: The downside
- No user-replacable battery. Not the end of the world, for sure, but a nuisance, especially as your battery's life drops to four hours, then three, then ... (but that's a few years away, right?). Shades of the user-inaccessible iPhone battery commotion here.
- Recessed USB slot will hinder certain peripherals. Prepare for a cottage industry of adapters to appear (much like those for the iPhone's headphone jack). Plus, there's only one -- expect small, streamlined & white USB hubs to appear soon.
- No Firewire port. Forget uploading digital video from a camera, or using those spiffy Firewire external hard drives.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station