iFixit rips apart a MacBook Air
Every time a new Apple product comes out our friends at iFixit go way beyond the typical unboxing pictures, and take the whole darn thing apart. They have done the same thing with the MacBook Air, and posted a bunch of very high quality pictures.
They found out a few things:
- The battery is very easy to replace (though the procedure requires removing 19 screws).
- The multitouch trackpad uses the same controller as the iPhone making it unlikely we'll see a software update enabling that feature for older MacBooks.
- The processor is very photogenic.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service