iFixit rips apart a MacBook Air
Every time a new Apple product comes out our friends at iFixit go way beyond the typical unboxing pictures, and take the whole darn thing apart. They have done the same thing with the MacBook Air, and posted a bunch of very high quality pictures.
They found out a few things:
- The battery is very easy to replace (though the procedure requires removing 19 screws).
- The multitouch trackpad uses the same controller as the iPhone making it unlikely we'll see a software update enabling that feature for older MacBooks.
- The processor is very photogenic.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options