Apple releases MacBook, MacBook Pro Software Update 1.2
With the new MacBook and MacBook Pro computers shipping today and appearing in stores tomorrow, everyone is waiting to get their hands on one. We can't say when you'll get yours, but we can predict exactly what you'll be doing when you get home with it. That's because Apple just released a software update for the new MacBook and MacBook Pro. Seriously, they couldn't have updated them at the factory?
The update is a whopping 45 MB, and is recommended for all users of the "precision aluminum unibody enclosure MacBook and MacBook Pro notebook computers introduced in October 2008." (Wow, long description there, Apple).
They note that the update "improves compatibility with external displays and includes a variety of software fixes." If you somehow (magically, perhaps?) have your MacBook/Pro already, you can download the update by opening Software Update (Apple menu > Software Update) or by downloading the installer package from Apple's software downloads website.
Thanks for the tip, Thomas!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options