Apple issues patch to speed up Airport after troublesome 10.5.8 update
The update, weighing in at a svelte 1.4MB, purports to solve an issue found on certain MacBooks and MacBook Pros. Affected machines suffered from significantly slower wireless network speeds while operating on battery power.
Here's the official description from tonight's Airport Client Update for MacBooks and MacBook Pros, version 1.0:
This update is recommended for some Intel-based Macintosh computers running Mac OS X 10.5.8 and addresses an issue with AirPort performance while running on battery power. It may only be installed on:While I do own a potentially affected MacBook Pro, I did not experience the performance issues, so I can't vouch for the update's effectiveness.
MacBook (13-inch, Late 2007)
MacBook (13-inch, Early 2008)
MacBook (13-inch, Late 2008)
MacBook Pro (15-inch, Early 2008)
MacBook Pro (17-inch, Early 2008)
MacBook Pro (17-inch, Late 2008)
Have you installed the patch and noticed an improvement (or not)?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support