iTunes has a fan page on Facebook
Yeah, like everyone else, iTunes has fan page on Facebook. If you can stomach the process, you can even get 20 songs for free by becoming a fan. The process is a bit clunky, however, which seems to be par for the course on Facebook. First, you become a fan. Then, you'll need to allow the "Free On iTunes" app to get access to your profile (typical of a Facebook app, of course). Then, you click a link that says "redeem now" -- a link which took me to a blank page.
After digging back into the fan page again, I found that button again, and clicked it again. This time I got the right page, but iTunes never woke up (that is, the store link didn't work). Then I tried yet again to "redeem now" and voila! A page warning that I'd already done all this appeared. Luckily there was a redemption code on this page, and the "redeem now" button finally worked. I am now downloading iTunes 9, iPhone OS 3.1 and 20 songs by indie artists.
If you can suffer the mess that is Facebook, you can get some free tunes.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs