MacBook Pro sees a price drop
The Macbook Pro, a formidably-powerful laptop, is a bit pricey for most consumers. Today saw a price drop for a top-of-the-line configuration, which makes the price almost $1000US cheaper. That's a pretty hefty savings, although $3600US is still a hefty sum for the average user. A few months back, I dropped a larger amount on a slightly less-powerful version ... I have no regrets, but who couldn't use an extra grand right now?
The specs I'm referring to are:
- 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
- 8GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM
- 500GB Serial ATA drive @7200 rpm (add another US to sub a 256GB solid-state)
- Antiglare display
Adapters and peripherals don't appear to have changed price much, and you'll still need to buy an Apple Remote (there's a new one!) separately (if you need one). Still, for a portable graphics/video-editing machine and all-around powerhouse, that's a great machine, at a new, significantly lower buy-in level.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature