MacBook Pro sees a price drop
The Macbook Pro, a formidably-powerful laptop, is a bit pricey for most consumers. Today saw a price drop for a top-of-the-line configuration, which makes the price almost $1000US cheaper. That's a pretty hefty savings, although $3600US is still a hefty sum for the average user. A few months back, I dropped a larger amount on a slightly less-powerful version ... I have no regrets, but who couldn't use an extra grand right now?
The specs I'm referring to are:
- 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
- 8GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM
- 500GB Serial ATA drive @7200 rpm (add another US to sub a 256GB solid-state)
- Antiglare display
Adapters and peripherals don't appear to have changed price much, and you'll still need to buy an Apple Remote (there's a new one!) separately (if you need one). Still, for a portable graphics/video-editing machine and all-around powerhouse, that's a great machine, at a new, significantly lower buy-in level.
The Macbook Pro, a formidably-powerful laptop, is a bit pricey for most consumers. Today saw a price drop for a top-of-the-line...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free
- Dragon Dictate 4 released today with new features and speed enhancements