Rumor: Intel's Core i5 to show up in MacBook Pros this month
Spanish website faq-mac.com had an interesting tidbit this morning. As seen in the screenshot from the site, an Intel Retail Edge program email showed a giveaway for a MacBook Pro. While that's not unusual -- a MacBook Pro makes a great prize for any contest -- the email showed that the MacBook Pros in question were equipped with Intel Core i5 processors. Existing MacBook Pro models use Intel's Core 2 Duo processors.
A loose translation of the pertinent section of the email shown above says:
January prize draw: Win a MacBook ProA MacBook Pro with a Core i5 processor would have substantially better performance than the Core 2 Duo-based model, while not reducing battery life. While no date has been announced by Apple for the release of a new MacBook Pro, there's a possibility that such a device could be announced at the rumored January 27th media event.
Increase sales this month and have two opportunities to win a MacBook Pro equipped with the accelerated response offered by the Intel Core i5 processor.
[via The Mac Observer]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update