Rumor: Intel's Core i5 to show up in MacBook Pros this month
Spanish website faq-mac.com had an interesting tidbit this morning. As seen in the screenshot from the site, an Intel Retail Edge program email showed a giveaway for a MacBook Pro. While that's not unusual -- a MacBook Pro makes a great prize for any contest -- the email showed that the MacBook Pros in question were equipped with Intel Core i5 processors. Existing MacBook Pro models use Intel's Core 2 Duo processors.
A loose translation of the pertinent section of the email shown above says:
January prize draw: Win a MacBook ProA MacBook Pro with a Core i5 processor would have substantially better performance than the Core 2 Duo-based model, while not reducing battery life. While no date has been announced by Apple for the release of a new MacBook Pro, there's a possibility that such a device could be announced at the rumored January 27th media event.
Increase sales this month and have two opportunities to win a MacBook Pro equipped with the accelerated response offered by the Intel Core i5 processor.
[via The Mac Observer]
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client