"Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" uses Macs to solve mysteries
The lead character, Lisbeth Salander, actually uses her MacBook Pro to hack into all manner of places, just as Macs have managed to appear in all sorts of movies. There's even a Flickr group dedicated to chronicling the appearance of them in film and TV. If you got a kick out of Hackers back in the day, Lisbeth will be a little familiar, but she's a nice modern spin on the "cool hacker" type.
TUAW is part of a "blog hunt" for clues to win prizes for the movie, and you can find out more on the next page...
Join the Dragon Tattoo Blog HUNT -- an Internet-wide scavenger hunt tied to the feature film launch of the bestselling book The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. Win great prizes: free movie tickets, books, the movie soundtrack, posters and more. To join the contest, start at the beginning of the HUNT by visiting the contest page for full details and the first clue. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo is in theaters near you starting March 19th.
The next clue:
No 9 to 5'ing for this guy. Just like Lisbeth and Mikael, this renegade, Jonathan Fields, made his own way (he even wrote a book about it) and he helps people find the career that lets them do what they love to do.
If you happen to have gotten caught up in the phenomenon known as the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, then you know that the computer of...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station