Apple board member Jerome York passes away
[Apple has updated its home page with the tribute above.]
Apple board member Jerome York died today after reportedly suffering a brain aneurysm on Wednesday.
York, 71, has been on Apple's Board of Directors since 1997. His former positions include chief financial officer at IBM and Chrysler, chief executive officer of Micro Warehouse and a vice chairman of Tracinda. At the time of his death he was the chairman, president and CEO of Harwinton Capital. York was a graduate of West Point, MIT and the University of Michigan; he started his career at Chrysler as an engineer and worked his way up to the executive suite.
We offer our condolences to Mr. York's family and friends.
[Apple has updated its home page with the tribute above.] Apple board member Jerome York died today after reportedly suffering a brain...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs