What's up, dock? Henge ships low-cost MacBook docks
That's all about to change. A newcomer on the scene, Henge Docks, is creating a full line of MacBook docs that are just starting to ship. The first models to receive the docking goodness are the 13" MacBook and MacBook Pro (aluminum unibody), and the rest of the Apple laptop line is available for pre-order.
The docks take advantage of Apple's current design trend to put most ports on one side of the MacBook line. Your MacBook fits vertically in the dock, and any cables attach to the dock -- not to your MacBook. In many cases, cables are supplied by Henge, but other wiring (the MagSafe power cable, for example) has to be suppled by the buyer.
As I mentioned, the pricing on these docks is great. For the 13" aluminum unibody MacBook, the dock is only $59.95, while the 13" MacBook Pro dock sells for $64.95. Henge is sending us a review model to take a look at, and we plan on giving one or more docks away to lucky readers in the near future.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free