What's up, dock? Henge ships low-cost MacBook docks
That's all about to change. A newcomer on the scene, Henge Docks, is creating a full line of MacBook docs that are just starting to ship. The first models to receive the docking goodness are the 13" MacBook and MacBook Pro (aluminum unibody), and the rest of the Apple laptop line is available for pre-order.
The docks take advantage of Apple's current design trend to put most ports on one side of the MacBook line. Your MacBook fits vertically in the dock, and any cables attach to the dock -- not to your MacBook. In many cases, cables are supplied by Henge, but other wiring (the MagSafe power cable, for example) has to be suppled by the buyer.
As I mentioned, the pricing on these docks is great. For the 13" aluminum unibody MacBook, the dock is only $59.95, while the 13" MacBook Pro dock sells for $64.95. Henge is sending us a review model to take a look at, and we plan on giving one or more docks away to lucky readers in the near future.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)