Dear Aunt TUAW: Burn baby burn
Is iTunes slowly encouraging the death of CDs? The burn icon at the bottom of the interface has disappeared as you can see in this screen shot.
Your nephew Sean
Auntie hates to be the one to break the news to you, but disc is dead. It's like a flashback to when when Uncle Steve killed the floppy. Removable media simply doesn't have much of a future; it's all about the cloud. (Rumor has it that Uncle Steve is targeting Flash next to put it out of its misery....) DVD and CD players are just dodo birds waiting for their last moment in the sun before they're overtaken by the future of streaming decentralized data.
Regardless, you can still burn your playlists to those antiquated landfill-filling CDs. Just select the playlist in question, right-click (or Control-click) its name, and choose Burn Playlist to Disc from the contextual pop-up menu.
So, even as the CD sits on death row, counting the days until its last cigarette, you can still indulge that increasingly quaint technology for a last hurrah before its inevitable goodbye from this earth.
Don't forget your flu shots!
Love & hugs,
Dear Aunt TUAW, Is iTunes slowly encouraging the death of CDs? The burn icon at the bottom of the interface has disappeared as you can see...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free
- Dragon Dictate 4 released today with new features and speed enhancements