Software Reinstall USB drive comes with new MacBook Air
During today's "Back to the Mac" event, Apple announced a brand new MacBook Air that comes in two screen sizes and features a bevy of upgrades. However, one similarity that the new Air has with its lineage is the lack of an optical drive.
For the purpose of re-installing the software that comes with every Mac, this lack of an optical drive was previously overcome by wirelessly sharing an optical drive with another Mac. Today's updated MacBook Air now ships with a stylish USB drive for software re-installation duties.
The MacBook Air can still use a remote optical drive, as well as take advantage of the external MacBook Air SuperDrive. Still, this free accessory will come in handy for those late night software emergencies when friendly computers and Apple Stores are nowhere in sight.
During today's "Back to the Mac" event, Apple announced a brand new MacBook Air that comes in two screen sizes and features a bevy of...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free