TUAW is looking for news bloggers
Does your feed reader overflow with juicy Apple news? Are you capable of writing crystal-clear copy backed by a deep knowledge of Apple gear and software? TUAW is looking for you!
We're looking for three news bloggers. Here are the specifics:
- You must be over 18. Sorry, no exceptions. It's US law and AOL policy.
- If you live on the East Coast and keep regular business hours, this is probably not going to work for us. We are looking for bloggers on Pacific Time (GMT -7:00), somewhere a few hours ahead of the UK (GMT +2:00, preferably) and Asia (GMT +9:00). Bloggers in those time zones will get bumped to the top of the list (unless you keep very odd hours).
- Fluent English is a prerequisite, but more than that; you must be a master of writing clean copy and understandable headlines, plus you need to grok the use of tags and understand the basics of search optimization.
- While we love switchers, we're not looking for Apple newbies; you need an experienced view of Apple's products and platforms. We're not necessarily looking for hardcore coders or engineers, either; somewhere in the middle is probably best.
- You should have a solid understanding of the news business, be familiar with how articles are picked from the hundreds of potential stories out there, and be willing to accept editorial leadership and guidance on a daily basis.
- Lastly, you must be willing to commit to a regular schedule and post frequently within that schedule. We are looking for dedicated writers with energy, stamina and commitment.
Continue reading for the rest of the details.
Still with us? Great. We work in a fast-paced news environment and you'll be expected to pick up stories and turn them around quickly while you're on shift. Yes, this is a paid gig.
To apply, send 3 brief news sample posts to the email address below. These can be old stories, but the point is to demonstrate that you know how to write coherently, and how to structure a story so that a reader can quickly discern what it's about. Ideally, the submissions will be your manuscript before any editors got their hands on the copy (so we can see that you know how to proofread your own work).
This email address will be "on" until mid-November. After that we'll close it out, and you'll see our new writers on the site by the first week in December. Good luck!
Due to the high number of applications we receive for blogging slots, we regret that we are unable to respond to all applicants personally.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature