Consumer Reports loves MacBook Air
Consumer Reports (CR) is in love with all models of the MacBook Air. In the publication's most recent ranking of notebooks and netbooks, the MacBook Air received top rankings and the coveted "recommended" status.
The 11.6-inch MacBook Air topped the list of 11-inch laptops (don't get excited, there were only two entrants) with a score of 67 out of 100. Its performance was rated as "good," while ergonomics and the display were rated "very good."
Meanwhile, the two 13-inch Air models ranked up 73 and 72 points, with the 2.4GHz model earning the "recommended" rating. As for Apple's other laptops, the 2.53GHz Core i5 15-inch MacBook Pro sat atop CR's 15- to 16-inch model chart, while the 17-inch MacBook Pro ruled the list of 17- to 18-inch machines.
All in all, it's a welcome change to the publisher's reaction to the iPhone 4.
Consumer Reports (CR) is in love with all models of the MacBook Air. In the publication's most recent ranking of notebooks and netbooks,...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free