Consumer Reports loves MacBook Air
Consumer Reports (CR) is in love with all models of the MacBook Air. In the publication's most recent ranking of notebooks and netbooks, the MacBook Air received top rankings and the coveted "recommended" status.
The 11.6-inch MacBook Air topped the list of 11-inch laptops (don't get excited, there were only two entrants) with a score of 67 out of 100. Its performance was rated as "good," while ergonomics and the display were rated "very good."
Meanwhile, the two 13-inch Air models ranked up 73 and 72 points, with the 2.4GHz model earning the "recommended" rating. As for Apple's other laptops, the 2.53GHz Core i5 15-inch MacBook Pro sat atop CR's 15- to 16-inch model chart, while the 17-inch MacBook Pro ruled the list of 17- to 18-inch machines.
All in all, it's a welcome change to the publisher's reaction to the iPhone 4.
Consumer Reports (CR) is in love with all models of the MacBook Air. In the publication's most recent ranking of notebooks and netbooks,...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update