10.6.5 server update back online, with a small security tweak
The Mac OS X Server 10.6.5 update is back online, now marked v1.1 and with an incremented build number. It's available through Software Update and for download after fixing a memory aliasing issue in Dovecot's handling of user names.
We reported earlier that the 10.6.5 Server update was pulled briefly, coincident with reports of a number of issues. These included problems with Whole Disk Encryption, DNS resolution issues, LDAP/Open Directory master hiccups and remote connection drops.
It's not clear yet whether the revised update is only associated with the reported security issue, or if it's going to address the other problems reported. Our advice: Wait a few days before applying, use a non-production server to test, and back up first.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle