10.6.5 server update back online, with a small security tweak
The Mac OS X Server 10.6.5 update is back online, now marked v1.1 and with an incremented build number. It's available through Software Update and for download after fixing a memory aliasing issue in Dovecot's handling of user names.
We reported earlier that the 10.6.5 Server update was pulled briefly, coincident with reports of a number of issues. These included problems with Whole Disk Encryption, DNS resolution issues, LDAP/Open Directory master hiccups and remote connection drops.
It's not clear yet whether the revised update is only associated with the reported security issue, or if it's going to address the other problems reported. Our advice: Wait a few days before applying, use a non-production server to test, and back up first.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements