10.6.5 server update back online, with a small security tweak
The Mac OS X Server 10.6.5 update is back online, now marked v1.1 and with an incremented build number. It's available through Software Update and for download after fixing a memory aliasing issue in Dovecot's handling of user names.
We reported earlier that the 10.6.5 Server update was pulled briefly, coincident with reports of a number of issues. These included problems with Whole Disk Encryption, DNS resolution issues, LDAP/Open Directory master hiccups and remote connection drops.
It's not clear yet whether the revised update is only associated with the reported security issue, or if it's going to address the other problems reported. Our advice: Wait a few days before applying, use a non-production server to test, and back up first.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync