iAd will launch in Europe this December
Earlier today, Apple formally announced its plans to launch iAd in Europe (The UK and France specifically). The initial advertisers will be L'Oréal, Renault, Louis Vuitton, Nespresso, Perrier, Unilever, Citi, Evian, LG Display, AB InBev, Turkish Airlines and Absolute Radio. The Financial Times correctly guessed that Apple would announce its intentions this week.
Apple's VP of iAd, Andy Miller, boasted about the program's success in a press release. "In just four months, we've doubled the number of advertisers on the network and thousands of developers now have a valuable new source of revenue."
It was only recently that iAds began to roll out globally. Meanwhile, Apple has begun building a new office space for iAd team members in New York City and reached an agreement with the Dentsu Group to bring iAd to Japan.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app