iAd will launch in Europe this December
Earlier today, Apple formally announced its plans to launch iAd in Europe (The UK and France specifically). The initial advertisers will be L'Oréal, Renault, Louis Vuitton, Nespresso, Perrier, Unilever, Citi, Evian, LG Display, AB InBev, Turkish Airlines and Absolute Radio. The Financial Times correctly guessed that Apple would announce its intentions this week.
Apple's VP of iAd, Andy Miller, boasted about the program's success in a press release. "In just four months, we've doubled the number of advertisers on the network and thousands of developers now have a valuable new source of revenue."
It was only recently that iAds began to roll out globally. Meanwhile, Apple has begun building a new office space for iAd team members in New York City and reached an agreement with the Dentsu Group to bring iAd to Japan.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync