Another MacBook Air EFI firmware update available
Apple has released MacBook Air EFI Firmware Update 2.0 for the newest MacBook Airs. The update addresses "a rare issue where MacBook Air boots or wakes to a black screen or becomes unresponsive," according to Apple, and it's a 2MB download that you can find either at the link above or via Software Update.
This is the second firmware update in as many months for the new MacBook Air; an earlier update, released just as the models began shipping, addressed faults with the MacBook Air's graphics. Just like that earlier firmware update, today's will require a restart, and Apple advises that you "do not disturb or shut off the power on your MacBook Air during this update."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)