Another MacBook Air EFI firmware update available
Apple has released MacBook Air EFI Firmware Update 2.0 for the newest MacBook Airs. The update addresses "a rare issue where MacBook Air boots or wakes to a black screen or becomes unresponsive," according to Apple, and it's a 2MB download that you can find either at the link above or via Software Update.
This is the second firmware update in as many months for the new MacBook Air; an earlier update, released just as the models began shipping, addressed faults with the MacBook Air's graphics. Just like that earlier firmware update, today's will require a restart, and Apple advises that you "do not disturb or shut off the power on your MacBook Air during this update."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options