Apple shareholder meeting scheduled for February 23
The luckiest (or smartest) people on Earth should be receiving their invitations soon -- shareholders in Apple, Inc. who have shares registered in their names can attend the annual shareholder meeting on Wednesday, February 23, 2011.
The event is scheduled to begin at 10 AM PT at the company's offices in Cupertino, CA. As with most events of this type, Apple's executive team will not only reiterate any glowing financial news that should come out of the financial call (possibly next week), but there will be business to take care of.
Among the items on the agenda are a vote for the company's board of directors (nominees include current board members Steve Jobs, Al Gore, Millard Drexler, William Campbell, Arthur Levinson, Andrea Jung and Ronald Sugar), a vote on whether accounting giant Ernst & Young should be the company's independent accounting firm, and shareholder proposals considering majority voting on director elections and succession planning. The company is recommending that shareholders vote against both of the shareholder proposals.
If you have AAPL shares registered in your name, you may attend. If the shares are held by a brokerage firm or other organization, you're out of luck.
(Photo: Wikimedia CC | Nurmib)
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free