MacBook Pro updates may hit March 1
Danish blogger Kenneth Lund is reporting that he's heard from a large Danish Apple reseller that new MacBook Pros will arrive on March 1. Excluding a processor bump build-to-order option last October, the MacBook Pro line has not been updated since April 13, 2010.
The March 1 date is plausible considering that Intel is reportedly set to ship its new Sandy Bridge processors on February 20, and it has been previously reported that new MacBook Pros will drop in March. Also, March 1 falls on a Tuesday, which is traditionally the weekday that Apple chooses to announce new computer models.
Beyond the reasonable likelihood that the next MacBook Pros will use Intel's Sandy Bridge processors, there aren't any rumors floating around as to the specs of the next MacBook Pro line. Some speculate that the next version of the MacBook Pro might see a redesign, taking cues from the MacBook Air, including solid-state blade storage and elimination of the optical drive.
Danish blogger Kenneth Lund is reporting that he's heard from a large Danish Apple reseller that new MacBook Pros will arrive on March 1....
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs