Engadget goes hands-on with the new MacBook Pro
If you thought today couldn't get any more hands-on, you were wrong. The folks over at our sister blog, Engadget, just received a review unit of the new 15-inch MacBook Pro with Thunderbolt technology and posted lots of delicious photos for us nerds to enjoy. (Note that unlike many other Apple-branded technologies, there's no InterCap-styled 'B' in "Thunderbolt.")
Unfortunately, even though the model has Thunderbolt connectivity, there aren't any peripherals yet available that use the new I/O tech. This means that we won't be seeing any speed test demos in the immediate future, however much of a thrill it would bring. But it will work out of the box with all Mini DisplayPort connectors.
The model itself is nearly identical to the previous family of MacBook Pros from a visual standpoint (the only change is a Thunderbolt port vs. the Mini DisplayPort), but it's still fun to watch an unboxing. On an already-busy day, this is a must-check-out for any major Apple geek.
Corrected editing error, the trackpad is identical to earlier version.
If you thought today couldn't get any more hands-on, you were wrong. The folks over at our sister blog, Engadget, just received a review...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free