Arkansas to get its first Apple Retail Store
This is going to make our readers in The Natural State very happy. Apple is set to open its first retail store in Arkansas. The store will be located in The Promenade at Chenal Mall in Little Rock, reports ifoAppleStore. While there is no hard opening date yet, all signs point to an October launch.
In 2007, a year before the Chenal Mall opened, "Apple" was listed as a tenant, but the store failed to materialize by the time the mall opened in 2008, despite Apple filing for a building permit in November 2007 and posting job listings in January 2008. However, after new job postings for the Little Rock Apple Store surfaced last week, it appears the store is back on.
After the opening of the Arkansas store and a store in Anchorage, AK in September, as MacRumors notes, there will only be six states in the US still without an Apple retail store: Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter