Apple files trademark for "Startup" retail store program
Apple has filed a new application for a trademark on the word "Startup," centering around the category of "[r]etail store services featuring computers, computer software, computer peripherals, mobile phones, and consumer electronic devices, and demonstration of products relating thereto." Presumably this is for a new program to set up various computers and devices in the Apple Store, though it may be more of an internal procedure than something customers are told about.
Plus, Apple registers lots of trademarks -- as with patents, this may just be the company covering its bases on a name rather than laying the groundwork for some super secret program. But given that more and more of Apple's mobile devices and computers are requiring a little setup to be done in-store, this "Startup" likely has something to do with those procedures.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved