Apple files trademark for "Startup" retail store program
Apple has filed a new application for a trademark on the word "Startup," centering around the category of "[r]etail store services featuring computers, computer software, computer peripherals, mobile phones, and consumer electronic devices, and demonstration of products relating thereto." Presumably this is for a new program to set up various computers and devices in the Apple Store, though it may be more of an internal procedure than something customers are told about.
Plus, Apple registers lots of trademarks -- as with patents, this may just be the company covering its bases on a name rather than laying the groundwork for some super secret program. But given that more and more of Apple's mobile devices and computers are requiring a little setup to be done in-store, this "Startup" likely has something to do with those procedures.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync