Talkcast reminder: Holiday edition, 10 PM ET Sunday
It's talkcast time again, and since it's also Easter Sunday we expect that some of our usual gang of chatterboxes may be tied up with religious or family obligations (and possibly sleeping off an overdose of Peeps).
With that in mind, we're not going to worry too much about polishing the agenda or sorting out our topics of conversation ahead of time; if you show up, and there's something you want to talk about, we'll talk about it. Rumored MacBook Air refresh? iPhone finally turning white? iOS location leaks and privacy concerns? Apple grabbing the lion's share of wireless profits? You name it, we'll tawk.
To participate on TalkShoe, you can use the browser-only client, the embedded Facebook app, or download the classic TalkShoe Pro Java client; however, for maximum fun, you should call in. For the web UI, just click the TalkShoe Web button on our profile page at 4 HI/7 PDT/10 PM EDT Sunday. To call in on regular phone or VoIP lines (yay for free cell phone weekend minutes!): dial (724) 444-7444 and enter our talkcast ID, 45077 -- during the call, you can request to talk by keying in *8.
If you've got a headset or microphone handy on your Mac, you can connect via the free Blink or X-Lite SIP clients; basic instructions are here (if you like Blink, the pro version is available in the Mac App Store). Talk to you tonight.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter