Fortune story goes 'Inside Apple'
Although subscribers to the print edition of Fortune magazine can get the full issue on their iPads this month, the rest of us may have to wait a bit -- or head to the local newsstand -- to read Adam Lashinsky's feature 'Inside Apple,' which relays several previously-untold anecdotes and company traditions.
Fortune's Philip Elmer-DeWitt over at Apple 2.0 has the preview, noting these tidbits:
- Steve Jobs apparently tore the entire MobileMe team a new one in a town hall meeting after the flaky, foulup-filled launch of the .Mac replacement alongside the iPhone 3G in 2008. "You should hate each other for having let each other down," he reportedly said, along with several less-printable comments. Teambuilding 101!
- Jobs holds "Top 100" offsite meetings for staff, which impacts both the lucky few and the ones who don't make the list.
- There's a core team of engineers and scientists, the "band of eggheads," who were hired before Jobs took his second leave of absence for medical treatment... and they've got an important job to do.
Sounds like an engaging story; we'll be sure to check it out.
Although subscribers to the print edition of Fortune magazine can get the full issue on their iPads this month, the rest of us may have...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs