Apple rumored to unveil new MacBook Airs in June or July
Digitimes reports that Apple will introduce new MacBook Airs this June or July. The site states that Apple will introduce new 11.6-inch and 13.3-inch MacBook Air models that will include Thunderbolt ports and Intel's Sandy Bridge processors.
This latest Digitimes report substantiates rumors from CNET of a June Sandy Bridge MacBook Air update that first surfaced as far back as February. In late April, a Concord Securities analyst stated that Apple is set to begin mass production on new models of the MacBook Air in May, which would coincide with a June launch.
Since the MacBook Air was revamped last October, it's quickly become one of Apple's hottest-selling laptops, and one would expect that Apple would want to have new models on the market to entice buyers during the back-to-school buying season, which typically begins in late June/early July.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration