Apple rumored to unveil new MacBook Airs in June or July
Digitimes reports that Apple will introduce new MacBook Airs this June or July. The site states that Apple will introduce new 11.6-inch and 13.3-inch MacBook Air models that will include Thunderbolt ports and Intel's Sandy Bridge processors.
This latest Digitimes report substantiates rumors from CNET of a June Sandy Bridge MacBook Air update that first surfaced as far back as February. In late April, a Concord Securities analyst stated that Apple is set to begin mass production on new models of the MacBook Air in May, which would coincide with a June launch.
Since the MacBook Air was revamped last October, it's quickly become one of Apple's hottest-selling laptops, and one would expect that Apple would want to have new models on the market to entice buyers during the back-to-school buying season, which typically begins in late June/early July.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter