Apple rumored to unveil new MacBook Airs in June or July
Digitimes reports that Apple will introduce new MacBook Airs this June or July. The site states that Apple will introduce new 11.6-inch and 13.3-inch MacBook Air models that will include Thunderbolt ports and Intel's Sandy Bridge processors.
This latest Digitimes report substantiates rumors from CNET of a June Sandy Bridge MacBook Air update that first surfaced as far back as February. In late April, a Concord Securities analyst stated that Apple is set to begin mass production on new models of the MacBook Air in May, which would coincide with a June launch.
Since the MacBook Air was revamped last October, it's quickly become one of Apple's hottest-selling laptops, and one would expect that Apple would want to have new models on the market to entice buyers during the back-to-school buying season, which typically begins in late June/early July.
Digitimes reports that Apple will introduce new MacBook Airs this June or July. The site states that Apple will introduce new...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs