MacBooks get highest score in all Consumer Reports categories
According to The Loop, Consumer Reports has rated Apple's MacBook line as the top computer in every laptop category. The 11-inch MacBook Air took the top score for small laptops, while the 13-inch MacBook Pro dominated its category, taking the top five of seven spots. Apple's 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pros took top honors in their categories as well.
If you're keeping score at home, this means that, according to Consumer Reports, not only does Apple have the top-rated notebook computers in every category, Apple also sells the top-rated tablet and the top-rated smartphone. Although Consumer Reports doesn't give the iPhone a "recommended" rating because of its widely publicized signal attenuation issues (an assessment that independent research doesn't always back up), the iPhone still has the magazine's top score among smartphones.
Whether you put much stock in Consumer Reports' rating system or not, it's still quite an accomplishment to see Apple's products getting top marks across the board. Apple's products certainly don't have a 100 percent reliability rating -- I can attest to that -- but the company definitely doesn't make bargain bin junk in any product category.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration