New MacBook Air models to arrive late June?
A report from Taiwan's Economic Daily newspaper claims Apple is preparing to ship 380,000 new MacBook Air units along with 80,000 old models this month. The report cites industry sources with knowledge of Apple's production plans. This echoes an earlier report from Wall Street analyst Ming-Chi Kuo.
For good measure, the same article also claims Apple is working on an iPad 3 with a high-resolution display that is six times higher than the iPad's current display. This latter claim is unlikely to happen as that is a huge jump in display technology. Earlier rumors hint at a high-resolution display iPad, but the specs will probably fall closer to the 2560 x 1600 tablet display recently announced by Samsung.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs