Apple could ship up to 15 million MacBook Air and Pro units in 2011
While the PC industry struggles, Apple is holding strong with its sales of the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro. According to supply chain estimates, Apple received shipments of 400,000 to 500,000 MacBook Air units in June. This number is expected to hold steady during July and August now that a new and improved MacBook Air model is available.
Apple is reportedly confident in its ability to sell notebooks. While other manufacturers are approaching the second half of 2011 conservatively and quietly with very little guidance, Apple is supposedly the only vendor that provided a full shipment forecast. The Cupertino company may have a reason to be so sure of itself. According to Digitimes sources, MacBook sales as a whole could climb as high as 15 million units by the end of the year.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype