Apple planning a big party to open 100th overseas store in Hong Kong
When Apple opens the new Hong Kong Apple Store in late September or early October, it will be cause for a huge celebration. The store will be the 100th overseas store for the highly profitable chain, and apparently Apple is planning to pull out all the stops for a flashy opening.
M.I.C. Gadget is reporting that the huge, glass-encased flagship store in the IFC Mall is moving closer to completion every day, and had pictures (since removed) of Apple's marketing director for mainland China standing outside of the construction location with other employees. The site also reports that the opening will be a three-day-long party, fitting for the debut of the huge facility.
The store was originally scheduled to open on September 24th, and as recently as the 3Q earnings call it was mentioned that the store would open during Apple's 2011 fourth quarter (ending September 30). However, construction delays have apparently pushed that date back into early October.
We're hoping to get live reports from readers who are lucky enough to visit the IFC Mall Store during the opening, so stay tuned to TUAW for future news about the Hong Kong flagship store.
When Apple opens the new Hong Kong Apple Store in late September or early October, it will be cause for a huge celebration. The store...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free