Dear Aunt TUAW: Should I buy a Windows laptop?
Dear Aunt TUAW,
I am considering selling my beloved MacBook Pro (15" unibody") and replacing it with, gasp!, a Windows laptop. Please try to convince me otherwise. Or else list me a number of laptops that I may find suitable and not too dissimilar from the 'MacBook look". My budget is £1000. Thanks.
Your loving nephew,
Auntie's fond of Apple user experience and their laptop equipment, but if you prefer Windows then buy Windows; ditto Linux. You certainly can get a lot of "specs" for that money.
As far as Auntie is concerned, it's never about the "MacBook look". It's about the quality of the manufacturer and the comfort of the operating system. There are a lot of superb portable computers on the market, and not all of them have a fruit logo on them.
TUAW's sister site Engadget covers Windows laptops extensively. It's your money and your choice.
Dear Aunt TUAW, I am considering selling my beloved MacBook Pro (15" unibody") and replacing it with, gasp!, a Windows laptop. Please...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station