Dear Aunt TUAW: Should I buy a Windows laptop?
Dear Aunt TUAW,
I am considering selling my beloved MacBook Pro (15" unibody") and replacing it with, gasp!, a Windows laptop. Please try to convince me otherwise. Or else list me a number of laptops that I may find suitable and not too dissimilar from the 'MacBook look". My budget is £1000. Thanks.
Your loving nephew,
Auntie's fond of Apple user experience and their laptop equipment, but if you prefer Windows then buy Windows; ditto Linux. You certainly can get a lot of "specs" for that money.
As far as Auntie is concerned, it's never about the "MacBook look". It's about the quality of the manufacturer and the comfort of the operating system. There are a lot of superb portable computers on the market, and not all of them have a fruit logo on them.
TUAW's sister site Engadget covers Windows laptops extensively. It's your money and your choice.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update