Dear Aunt TUAW: Should I buy a Windows laptop?
Dear Aunt TUAW,
I am considering selling my beloved MacBook Pro (15" unibody") and replacing it with, gasp!, a Windows laptop. Please try to convince me otherwise. Or else list me a number of laptops that I may find suitable and not too dissimilar from the 'MacBook look". My budget is £1000. Thanks.
Your loving nephew,
Auntie's fond of Apple user experience and their laptop equipment, but if you prefer Windows then buy Windows; ditto Linux. You certainly can get a lot of "specs" for that money.
As far as Auntie is concerned, it's never about the "MacBook look". It's about the quality of the manufacturer and the comfort of the operating system. There are a lot of superb portable computers on the market, and not all of them have a fruit logo on them.
TUAW's sister site Engadget covers Windows laptops extensively. It's your money and your choice.
Dear Aunt TUAW, I am considering selling my beloved MacBook Pro (15" unibody") and replacing it with, gasp!, a Windows laptop. Please...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements