Apple releases MacBook Pro EFI Firmware Update 2.2 (Update: Mac mini updated too)
Apple has released MacBook Pro EFI Firmware Update 2.2 for 2011-model MacBook Pros. The update addresses the same Thunderbolt and OS X Lion Internet Recovery issues as the EFI Firmware Update issued two days ago for 2011-model MacBook Airs.
The 4.17 MB firmware update is available at Apple's site and requires you to ensure that power is not interrupted to your MacBook Pro during the update; firmware updates are Serious Business which, if interrupted, can put your Mac in Very Bad Shape.
Other sites have noted that the recent spate of firmware updates for Thunderbolt-enabled Macs points to the imminent availability of Apple's new Thunderbolt-enabled Cinema Display.
Update: The 2011-model Mac mini has been issued the same firmware update to address the same issues.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter