Apple posts fans' memories of Steve Jobs
On Wednesday, Apple posted a tribute page to Steve Jobs that contains the memories and sentiments that fans sent to Apple using the email@example.com email account. Apple says over a million people sent in messages describing how Steve Jobs and Apple influenced their lives. The page displays a continuous stream of these messages and Apple is asking fans to continue to send in more.
Besides this tribute page, Apple is also holding a memorial service for employees on Wednesday. The Wall Street Journal reported earlier that Apple stores will be temporarily closed from 10 a.m to 11:30 am PDT to allow retail employees to watch the memorial event.
These events closely follow an invitation-only memorial service for Jobs held at Stanford University. That same day was also declared Steve Jobs Day by California Governor Jerry Brown.
[Via The Loop]
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter