Apple posts fans' memories of Steve Jobs
On Wednesday, Apple posted a tribute page to Steve Jobs that contains the memories and sentiments that fans sent to Apple using the firstname.lastname@example.org email account. Apple says over a million people sent in messages describing how Steve Jobs and Apple influenced their lives. The page displays a continuous stream of these messages and Apple is asking fans to continue to send in more.
Besides this tribute page, Apple is also holding a memorial service for employees on Wednesday. The Wall Street Journal reported earlier that Apple stores will be temporarily closed from 10 a.m to 11:30 am PDT to allow retail employees to watch the memorial event.
These events closely follow an invitation-only memorial service for Jobs held at Stanford University. That same day was also declared Steve Jobs Day by California Governor Jerry Brown.
[Via The Loop]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature