Apple updates MacBook Pro with larger hard drives, slightly faster processors
Apple silently updated its MacBook Pro line of notebooks with slightly faster processors and larger hard drives. The update bumps up the processors by a small .1 to .2 GHz (not 1 to 2 GHz, sorry!) and increases hard drive capacity by 180 to 250 GB. The GPUs in the MacBook Pro 15" and 17" lines have also gotten a bump, with the low-end configurations of the 15" now sporting a Radeon 6750M with 512MB of video RAM. Here's how each model has changed:
- 13" MacBook Pro base model has a 2.4 GHz processor and 500 GB hard drive, up from 2.3 GHz and 320 GB.
- 13" MacBook Pro model has a 2.8 GHz processor and 750 GB hard drive, up from 2.7 GHz and 500 GB.
- 15" MacBook Pro base model has a 2.2 GHz processor, up from 2.0 GHz. The 500 GB hard drive has not changed. GPU is now a 6750M with 512MB VRAM (up from a 6490M/256).
15" MacBook Pro high-end model has a 2.4 GHz processor, up from
2.22.3 GHz. The 750 GB hard drive has not changed. GPU is now a 6770M with 1GB of VRAM.
- 17" MacBook Pro model has a 2.4 GHz processor, up from 2.2 GHz. The 750 GB hard drive has not changed. GPU is also a 6770M with 1 GB VRAM (up from the 6750M).
Though Apple has improved the specs of these machines, the price remains the same and they are all available for immediate shipping from the US store.
Thanks to everyone who sent this in.
Apple silently updated its MacBook Pro line of notebooks with slightly faster processors and larger hard drives. The update bumps up...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free