Apple updates MacBook Pro with larger hard drives, slightly faster processors
Apple silently updated its MacBook Pro line of notebooks with slightly faster processors and larger hard drives. The update bumps up the processors by a small .1 to .2 GHz (not 1 to 2 GHz, sorry!) and increases hard drive capacity by 180 to 250 GB. The GPUs in the MacBook Pro 15" and 17" lines have also gotten a bump, with the low-end configurations of the 15" now sporting a Radeon 6750M with 512MB of video RAM. Here's how each model has changed:
- 13" MacBook Pro base model has a 2.4 GHz processor and 500 GB hard drive, up from 2.3 GHz and 320 GB.
- 13" MacBook Pro model has a 2.8 GHz processor and 750 GB hard drive, up from 2.7 GHz and 500 GB.
- 15" MacBook Pro base model has a 2.2 GHz processor, up from 2.0 GHz. The 500 GB hard drive has not changed. GPU is now a 6750M with 512MB VRAM (up from a 6490M/256).
15" MacBook Pro high-end model has a 2.4 GHz processor, up from
2.22.3 GHz. The 750 GB hard drive has not changed. GPU is now a 6770M with 1GB of VRAM.
- 17" MacBook Pro model has a 2.4 GHz processor, up from 2.2 GHz. The 750 GB hard drive has not changed. GPU is also a 6770M with 1 GB VRAM (up from the 6750M).
Though Apple has improved the specs of these machines, the price remains the same and they are all available for immediate shipping from the US store.
Thanks to everyone who sent this in.
Apple silently updated its MacBook Pro line of notebooks with slightly faster processors and larger hard drives. The update bumps up...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved