Apple retail to mark World AIDS Day by spotlighting PRODUCT (RED)
According to ifoAppleStore.com, Apple will be spotlighting (PRODUCT) RED items in its stores on December 1 to mark World AIDS Day. A percentage of proceeds from the (PRODUCT) RED line, which Apple launched in 2006, is donated to the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa.
Sources indicate that Apple Store employees will be wearing and/or promoting the red iPod nano, and employees carrying iPads will have red Smart Covers on them. Apple is also expected to promote its RED iTunes gift card and a set of Beats by Dre headphones that are also part of the RED initiative. At the same time, Mophie is also launching a line of RED products, including a new version of the red Juice Pack Air which has been available for some time now.
As of this writing Apple is already promoting the red Smart Cover on its website; clicking links to buy the Smart Cover took me directly to the page for the (PRODUCT) RED version.
Apple has stated that "(PRODUCT) RED has generated more than $170 million for the Global Fund" since its 2006 introduction, and "up to 50 percent of gross profits" from (PRODUCT) RED sales go to the Global Fund.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature