You're the Pundit: Should Apple shift its focus away from new products?
When it comes to forecasting the next big thing, we turn to our secret weapon: the TUAW braintrust. We put the question to you and let you have your go at it. Today's topic is QA.
Should Apple shift its focus away from new product development in the near future and focus on QA improvements for a while?
TUAW reader Lyle42 asks, "Was FCP X finished? Was Lion? Was Xcode 4?" Apple has always shipped beta. Has its "beta" become a little more alpha than usual?
You tell us. Place your vote in this poll and then join in the comments with all your predictions.
|Are you kidding? Apple is a business. Businesses don\'t stop and shine their shoes when there are marathons to be run. Competition doesn\'t take pit stops.||601 (28.9%)|
|They already are. Yeah, sure, Apple may ship beta -- but they improve their products once they\'re out there. Each dot release brings products more and more stability.||723 (34.7%)|
|Darn straight they should. The level of instability in their recent product releases has been insane -- and not insanely great. They need to get their house in order before pushing forward.||556 (26.7%)|
|Ooh! Shiny!||148 (7.1%)|
|Something else. I\'ll tell you in the comments.||54 (2.6%)|
When it comes to forecasting the next big thing, we turn to our secret weapon: the TUAW braintrust. We put the question to you and let...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free