You're the Pundit: Should Apple shift its focus away from new products?
When it comes to forecasting the next big thing, we turn to our secret weapon: the TUAW braintrust. We put the question to you and let you have your go at it. Today's topic is QA.
Should Apple shift its focus away from new product development in the near future and focus on QA improvements for a while?
TUAW reader Lyle42 asks, "Was FCP X finished? Was Lion? Was Xcode 4?" Apple has always shipped beta. Has its "beta" become a little more alpha than usual?
You tell us. Place your vote in this poll and then join in the comments with all your predictions.
|Are you kidding? Apple is a business. Businesses don\'t stop and shine their shoes when there are marathons to be run. Competition doesn\'t take pit stops.||601 (28.9%)|
|They already are. Yeah, sure, Apple may ship beta -- but they improve their products once they\'re out there. Each dot release brings products more and more stability.||723 (34.7%)|
|Darn straight they should. The level of instability in their recent product releases has been insane -- and not insanely great. They need to get their house in order before pushing forward.||556 (26.7%)|
|Ooh! Shiny!||148 (7.1%)|
|Something else. I\'ll tell you in the comments.||54 (2.6%)|
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter